Can block particle sizes up to 0.08 - 2 µm. This membrane can remove residual suspended solid (SS) up to the size of bacteria. Usually used as pretreatment before RO or just to disinfect for bacteria.
Can block particles with a size of 0.005 - 2 µm. Has the same function as nanofiltration but can reduce dissolved particles or so-called dissolved suspended solid. Can also remove viruses and endotoxins.
Also known as loose RO. Ability to remove particles up to 0.001 µm in size. Typically used for pretreatment before RO and used as an alternative to 'hardness' removal in water. The ability to remove multivalent ions makes nano filtration often used to remove Fe or Manganese that cause hardness in water.
Reverse Osmosis (RO)
Semipermeable membranes with pore sizes down to 0.0001 μm are used in reverse osmosis (RO) water purification methods to remove contaminants. They remove more than 99% of water pollutants, including dissolved solids, organics, bacteria, and pyrogens, in an easy, safe, and economical way. They can remove particles down to the mono-ion and salt levels in water. The results of reverse osmosis are also often referred to as pure water. Applications of this membrane can be used for various industries such as food & beverage, pharmaceuticals, health agencies and seawater desalination.
- Tubular (porous tube)
- Hollow fiber (thin hollow fiber)
- Spiral wound (rolled flexible permeate)
- Plate and frame (for flat sheet membrane)
- Ceramic and polymeric flat sheet membranes
One of the expertise of PT Bayu Surya Bakti Konstruksi is treating peat water or colored water. Our company has successfully treated peat water or colored water, especially in the Sumatra area with hollow fiber - nano filtration technology as a superior product that we recommend to treat the water.
Hollow fiber - Nanofiltration is a new filtration technology. The pore size in the membrane reaches 1000 daltons. This pore size allows nano molecules and divalent salt molecules to pass through while the dissolved organic content will be retained outside the membrane.
- With hollow fiber technology; pump pressure is not high, resulting in low OPEX.
- The system is operated without the addition of chemicals, resulting in lower OPEX.
- Because the treatment is without chemicals, the discharge can be returned directly to the river and does not produce sludge by-products.
- Output quality is stable with good quality